Coffee Session, Familiarization Route

Saturday, March 19, 2005

AC called me last night around 9pm, saying that there would be a small coffee session at the East side of the island. As always, I never turn down a gathering unless I have other appointments. Reaching the usual coffeeshop, AhCheng, AC, AC's wife were already there. I was the second last to arrive. Minutes later WRX-Beng came. AC and his wife went to Taiwan and they showed us the photographs. Ahh.. anyone who has been through those "green" training days recalled all the familiar tourist spots in the photographs. We talk about some of our secondary school friends, their lives, exchanging and updating each other on who we have bumped into recently. Trying to find time to gather a cycling session is difficult but not impossible since most of them are attached, married or married with kids. Or else, busy with their work. Then, EndlessTrail SMS-ed me to ask if I would be interested to cycle and meet in the city area this morning. My worry.... have not tried this distance before. It will not be a problem if I'm using a MTB since it has thicker tyres. But still, I agreed. Will need to check with the LBS about the price of GT Ava 3.0 and its availability. Ooops... I hope bonus is good, so as to cushion me a little on my recent "expenses". Spotting that AC's wife has been yawning... we called it a night and all went home. At 1am in the morning, the only one staying West, a cab is the only way home. I reached home, settled down and still... could not sleep. No idea. Didn't take any coffee or tea. No.. . no one specific was on my mind.... Just no explanation. I probably fell asleep at 3am.

Woke up by enthusiasm (probably my brains knows that I'm cycling today), I washed up and prepared for moveout. Riding till I reach my previous company's location, I stopped to buy mineral water and newspapers. All was well and I only had a small "pressurising move" from a BMW driver with me when I was turing left. He tried to overtake me and cut in before me after the turn was complete. *showing fist* "I'm not a teenage school girl and I'm not impressed with your BMW!". Nah... I wouldn't do that. I stopped near my office, had a soya bean drink and now .. . in office. Oh well ... since its still early before meeting time with EndlessTrail, I thought I'll just blog. Mmm .. . squeeze a little.. . . time management.

Posted by Muggs at 9:40 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment