Promote Cycling

Thursday, March 17, 2005

As far as I can remember, weather is a much more predictable thing of the past. At least during my younger days. Pollution has been a problem for a while which most cities want to solve, but have difficulties in doing so. Just on T.V. news, Paris is closing off section of the city to stop noise and air pollution. Why don't we all cycle? Do some workout for your legs.

I just did. Cycled to Fongs' place to take a look at their PC. Traffic was at its heaviest and I was horned at a few times. Quite a lot of hazards for a racer on the street. Uneven roads. Debris. Twigs and branches. I collected my "Finding Nemo" VCD. I braced myself for another round of horns blowing on my way back. Probably the traffic is less.... I was spared. To and fro was 6km. But, I can already feel that cars pay less attention to cyclists and motorcyclists. Welcome to the world where cars are the kings. There were a few occasions that I was "forced" to super extreme left... I have to take care that I do not hit the sewer covers or I will fly because my racer is fast.

Posted by Muggs at 9:32 PM  

2 comments:

Ahh ... you like fast. I like fast too. Unfortunately, a mountain bike allows me to go only so fast. Can't fight with a racer. ;p

-endlesstrail

Anonymous said...
11:21 PM, March 18, 2005  

I don't mind fast if I'm in a race. For roads.. . I think safety is more important. Ride safe.

Muggs said...
1:33 AM, March 19, 2005  

Post a Comment