Recaps and Dinner

Sunday, July 16, 2006

It has been another week that zipped by. Clearing stuff, settling problems, getting shot at (flamed), etc ... all part of the job. Some changes here and there. No one knows if its for the better. I do know that my list is longer. But, who cares?!!

I do not know what is wrong. I should say this is not my business. Why should I even bother? Or am I bothered with something else?! Maybe time to go ninja mode? Life....

After last night's tennis, I really like Wilson nSix-One 95 nCode. Since it was Kay's racket, I was able to try it out. It gave a nice feedback when returning shots. Separate note .. Friend ... do take a break.. rest !!! If you are reading this, you know who you are. We want to play with you!! But, first .... you need a good rest. Give yourself a break.

Now, today, I did some catching up on work in the morning, missing the Shape Run support. I went over to the Bugis area to look for MetalSlug 6. But, there were simply too many people crowding around. I guess a champion is at work. Slowly walking over to the meeting point, I waited for the rest of the folks to fall in. When all of us gathered, we walked over to Baghdad Street to one of the Arabic restaurants for dinner. I thought I would be a puffing dragon tonight. I just wanted to try the Shisha for fun. I ordered a maincourse called, "Mansaf", which happens to be some dish that they serve during Palestinian Weddings. It has roasted lamb with rice and bread. I like the sauce. The Arabic Iced Tea I ordered was so-so. Our order of bread and sauces was quite nice. On an average, I think the service of the restaurant is not that fantastic. Eventually, after our dinner, we still did not try the Shisha. We did go over to another cafe for some Teh Tarik. Ripley showed us some brochures on all Marathon runs, from what she collected at her recent Marathon expo. We had a great time at the cafe! Noisy!! That is us!


Something that I came across on a T.V. programme today, mentioning about a couple traveling around the world, using a vintage car. They went to the factory or the place that produced the car and had Alaska Husky dogs to pull the car at certain places. The wife even gave birth during the journey of exploring the world. The car did break down (which car does not?) and had to be fixed. However, each time, they were able to get it up and running. The man related his journey of traveling around to life (not sure if I get all his exact words). - "Traveling around the world in this vintage car is the same as anyone's journey in life, isn't it? Hiccups like car breakdowns do occur. We overcome those problems and get on with our trip. It is the destination that matters. Looking back, it is the ups and downs that makes our whole journey interesting.". How true.

Posted by Muggs at 11:17 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment