Milk Run 2006

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Milk Run stands for Mainly I Love Kids.

Of course!! What is the run, if it is without kids?! There were all around! But, the kids started after our 8.4km wave. Lots of us were there too!! TLR, Taz, Bug, Run3, FBB, Charmane, Cheow12, Violet, Roonz, BodyCompact, Tiwazz, TeeLee, Bee, Sotong, SuperBoy, Ronnie, Dasher, Meteor, Alvo, Tekko, ALD, Shutehelup and Seal. Did I miss out anyone? I hope not! The heat wave at the run today was torturing!! Though there were water points, I sticked to my trusty CamelBak. I don't exactly know what the temperature was. But, I rather not be a victim to heat exhaustion. I adopted the run/walk strategy and drank more water. Along the way, I saw a heat exhaustion case. Nearing to 600 metres away, Shutehelup caught up with me and we chatted about having Ice Kachang after our run. Not too far away, we spotted another heat exhaustion case where there were two guys attending to the fallen runner. I put my CamelBak under the guy's head, while Shutehelup lifted his legs to let blood flow back to his head. Someone went to get medical help. When they arrived, we strapped him on a stretcher and evacuated him back to the medical tent where the team dripped him on IV solution. Shutehelup said we did a 8.1km run and 0.3km stretcher dash to the end point. LOL!

Crossing the end point, we shooked hands congratulating each other on a job well done! We gathered with other runners and took our deserved Isotonic drinks and bananas. While some of our guys went back, the rest of us went for dinner and desserts before heading home. I had a disappointing Kim Chi ChiGe. Difficult to get one good sample nowadays, eh?

It has been a slow, torturing run under the sun today. But, it was a good one. Maybe there should be more to educate the kids to drink more water when it is so hot today?

On the other hand, other guys like AiChai, SV, Nemo, SxuanJing, Andy and Gentle did well at the OSIM Tri today at EC!! W00t!!! Not forgetting the support team pom pom boys and girls too!

Posted by Muggs at 8:15 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment