Watch That Cudgel

Sunday, February 25, 2007

First thing in the morning was to get my butt out of the house and taking a train, followed by bus to Changi Village Ferry Terminal. Mission today: Pulau Ubin Recce.


Something had gone amiss. Somehow just not right. Yeah. Right. No breakfast. I need food. After scouting around, Ipoh Hor Fun stole my heart. Not exactly the best Ipoh Hor Fun I have had, but that will do just fine for today. Coconut juice caught my attention totally and how can I spare that cooling beverage. *Burp* No more hungry man, no more angry man. Upon reaching the Terminal, the boatman was ready to go. Perfect timing! (Could not be better) A short boat ride it was and with a map in hand, I navigated throughout the island passing beaches, quarries, greenery and retro kampong houses. This is where simple life represents happiness. I prefer to think happiness is a state of mind. It does not matter what one is doing or where one is at. Several cyclists along the way and we exchanged greetings. Everyone seems to be having much fun! I left out a portion of the recce since I have a second location to pop up at. Lunch time! Reaching the mainland again, it was time to load up my tank again before I got tranferred via bus, train and bus again to MacRitchie. I was so zapped of energy due to an early morning and late night. Not partying away, but more of cannot sleep syndrome.


Being the earlier person of the group to arrive, I was laying out my bottles, getting ready for the "torture" liquid top up. Today shall be a day for 10kg. *Sweat* Soon enough, Weiwen arrive and he says it is still okay to walk. Not too long after filling our bottles, it started to drizzle. Donkey was late again (as always). We waited at the shelter till the rain stopped before heading out for the 11km route. Around 2.2km, it started to pour again before turning into a heavy downpour when we were nearing the TreeTop Walk. Thunder was heard and we seeked shelter at the Ranger Hut at the TreeTop Walk start point. No signs of dying down, the TreeTop Walk was closed at 5pm. Nothing to do? I opened a pack of Sugar Gems and we happily munched it all up. We waited till 5.45pm before moving back to the main carpark. Of course, we all got drenched. Donkey had a umbrella and was grinning all the way. Weiwen looked around for really huge leaves as a cover. Come to think of it, it has been a long long time since I walked in the rain. I always love the rain, minus soggy socks and squishy shoes. Walking along the main road, we stopped at Thompson Shopping where I changed to a new set of clothes and poor Weiwen had to blow his soaking wet clothes at the hand dryer. Sorry guys!! I had to made you all go all wet in this condition training. Don't get sick! I have no money to pay for your medical consultation fee.

Now...., I do not think Donkey will get a taste of the cudgel. She took a cab back to the carpark to get her car.

Walking across the overhead bridge, an aroma aroused my senses.... KFC! *Slurp - Awake* I owe someone a meal? Vaguely familiar? ... Hmm... can't remember. Water got into my brain during that walk.

Once home (getting ready for my family arranged dinner), I quickly took out the insoles of my shoes and headed for shower. Feeling tired, I fixed myself a hot Orange Honey drink. Instant rejuvenation! Once ready, we headed out to Changi (again?!) for Curry Fish Head dinner. A few other good dishes speaded across the table and we were all burping away when we were done. BIL insisted that I should do some offerings to the temple nearby for some luck in love. LOL! He actually drove us there. Do I have a choice?!

Posted by Muggs at 11:12 PM  

2 comments:

u really snap Ubin photos like it's a paradise. bet, if it's on the tourist map, it sure looks inviting for people to visit this island. very well taken, i like the rustic feels to those photos! :)

Anonymous said...
12:42 PM, March 01, 2007  

thanks kisetsu!! *flattered*

Muggs said...
6:31 PM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment