Born Slacker

Monday, February 19, 2007

How? Swim... no swim .... swim .... no swim.
Heck. Swim tomorrow. Decided to leopard crawl back to bed. Aiyah .. SMS ..

Woke up in time to get all my gears and my cousin with his family came to visit us. 3 kids already! After spending some time talking to them, we left at almost same time.

Since I got an invite to the gym (which I have not been into one since movie tickets cost $3.50 each), I gladly accepted the offer. Definitely very different or I should say that it is not an apple to apple comparison. I admit. I am never a gym rat. Various reasons prevented me from signing up. Harassment stories from fellow gym users, harassment stories from gym membership team, lack of commitment due to work, etc. I must say, the gym has pretty good classes. Today, it was spin class (RPMs) of 88mins. It has been a while since I last stepped into a gym and not to even mention biking. I am ready to wet the floor with my sweat. Oh... Mika and Eddie were there too. But, Eddie gave up his seat to another person. Not knowing what to expect but exhaustion from the spin class, I set my spin bike to measurement. Catching a glance at the instructor's shoes, I knew I will be a dead gym rat. High tempo with cadence to match and with bouts of intervals and climbs, I panted most of the time. I have never felt so unfit, even in an air-conditioned area! Legs burning and instructor pointed out to me that I was slacking. After a few more times, I guess she got tired of mentioning. Either I got the resistance horribly wrong or I was not doing enough to match up with the momentum. I chose to believe that it was latter. I was a complete slacker in the class and I bet others were much fitter. During the recovery, the instructor had Chris Isaak's Wicked Game on the stereo. Fantastic! My favorite. It was a great experience with me getting out of the class with a pair of legs that feels like wobbly Jello.

Time to buck up and hit the slopes. *Guilty - Looks at floor*

Night time! 5K. Slow. Simple. I can do more. But, I shall just be good and stick to 5K.

Posted by Muggs at 9:10 PM