Crazy People - Engineers

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Canceled my long walk since it rained. I shall have it tomorrow. Still drizzling, I started on my duct tape wallet production. Hey.. not too bad. Geeky looking. Silly folks (engineers) like me often feel happy after making something that scores in the Geek-O-Meter.


This wallet will accompany me for runs / swims / trips! Not too worried about getting the wallet dirty or misplaced. The roll of duct tape costs $1.60. Effectively, this wallet costs $0.80 because I still have half a roll of duct tape left! There many designs out there. Some even have and ID display or a photo display of your love ones.

I got the full instructions (complete with photos) from this location. Duct Tape Wallet

There are other tonnes of stuff that can be made with duct tape and a search can be done through search engines.

Proud and happy with my new wallet, I left it and went for a run. With a slight drizzle, I had a long warm up and only started my run when the sun showed up. I started slow since the floors are still pretty wet. Turning and crossing the highway, I was greeted by Prata eateries! *Focus* Focus, man! C'mon... Tunnel vision. *Phew* Passing rather quickly, I did a left turn into SP2 after seeing the Pillbox. Encounters with the few small slopes were more like Hors d'oeuvre before two huge ones. Return near to the main road again, I switched gears for the long slope ahead. Pant, pant, pant... finally, with my legs carrying me up and out of the slopes to turn right into the endless curves. OOoh! A howitzer! Turn left now. *Gulp* Memories..... Full speed ahead. Switch gear! My legs almost came to a halt but I refused to give in. Just keep going! Move your legs... With a clear view on my right, I went upslope. An AMX-13 was in sight. Moving along, two rows of Island Pine trees reminds of U.S., when I was there. To my left, it was a Canopy walk which I decided to skip it. It will distract people if my legs are pounding on the wooden planks at the Canopy walk. With a right turn and climbing some steps, I joined a road that leads downhill. I can take this path next time! Hmm.. I carried on along before turning left and getting a drink at a petrol kiosk. The rest of the route was nothing new. Back at home now, I Google-Earthed the route and it was a 21km (2hrs 18mins). I think I will be fine with this speed at KLIM. Nothing more, nothing less.

Posted by Muggs at 6:06 PM  

2 comments:

WOW, hey u POWER lar, your running mileage is already 100 km !!!!!!!

Mine still stands at an embarassing middle single-digit.

Haven't seriously concentrated on running man.....

Really jealous that u ran a half-marathon, haha, how I wish I can get it going again.

cheers !
SuperHero

Anonymous said...
2:01 AM, February 18, 2007  

100km in two and half months.. I think that is pretty low by many folks' standard.

Muggs said...
11:18 PM, February 18, 2007  

Post a Comment