1st Anniversary BBQ

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Just back from the BBQ. It was a great turn-out. Thanks everyone for the effort in preparing, games, food and eating. Hope everyone had a great time eating while I had a wonderful time cooking. Usually, at barbeques, I love cooking more than eating. I would only eat when everyone stops. Weird isn't it?


IMD gave Tiwazz and me a lift to the BBQ pit area. There was a strong presence of triathlon folks since OSIM Tri is next week. They were having a clinic for triathletes. We set up the banner and wind was starting to get strong. IMD swam with SV, while Tiwazz provided a lookout. I would be alerted for assistance if there is a need. Hence, I started with the preparation for corns. Within 10 - 20 mins, it poured. Most of the people started to arrive in the rain. When the rain stopped, it was ready for games. Sotong and a couple of them set up the stations and moved off before the participants start. I stayed back to prepare food and to receive the BBQ catering food. We started the fire before they got back. Once most of them are back from the games, we proceeded with the cooking. A couple of us braved the fire cooking up meat and vegetables. We even had 2 cakes, fried rice, fried bee-hoon and potato salad. I am turly happy to see some old faces that I have not seen for quite a while. Glad that they made it to this BBQ.

Yes, we miss Roentgen, Seal, Brokenrunner, Astrogirl and all that are suppose to attend. A get-well-wish for FBB and Astrogirl. I could not stay for the night because I think the 12pm session badminton tomorrow will kill me. I am suppose to meet Kitty and Lambie for dinner too. Beng is going to travel again and will be missing this dinner gathering.


Thanks for everyone's company. Thanks IMD for the lift, sending us home (Ronnie, Cyberkinetic, Renohtaram, Hedgehog and me).

Posted by Muggs at 11:54 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment