Natural Disaster

Monday, December 27, 2004

Last night, I was too god damn tired to blog. But, I saw the tsunami taking place around most places of Asia on TV news. It was too devastating to see. Familiar places like PhiPhi that I have been to, was partially reduced to ground zero. I suppose those beach houses by the cliffs... they would have been gone, by now. I was even thinking of going to Krabi and PhiPhi island again in year 2005. Another place I wanted to visit would be Maldives. It should be hit pretty badly over there too. With all these unfortunate things happening around us, no one can understand why humans cannot co-exist together without picking a fight. No more fighting and war, please. Treasure those around you.

But, what came next on TV was rather heart warming too. It was a documentary about a kid who has a tumor weighing down on her optical nerves causing her to have blur vision at first. Gradually, she has partial blindness and she has to go for an operation before she is blind totally. Swallowing 40 over kinds of pills a day is not a joke. I'm amazed at what mental strength this 9 year old kid has. She has triggered me to think even more. Again. Treasure those around you.

Another year is around the corner. Have you done what you have set out to do last year? What goals have you not achieve? In a few days time, we all have to recap what have taken place for the whole of this year and what is our resolution for year 2005. Love those around.

Posted by Muggs at 8:25 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment