EPL Night - Christmas Edition

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Conan called me a while ago, asking me out for coffee. I guess he must be feeling down.....

What a night! Yesterday was Christmas Day. I had quite a day of events going on, meeting different groups of people.
Early in the morning, I had breakfast with Donkey since she just came back from Korea. She shared what she had seen and experienced over there. Reminding me what big asses Polar bears have. "They have a really really big ass!!!! You know?" Yes.... .. I know what a Polar Bear is. After breakfast, I gave Donkey her X'mas gift and we went to look for some bags. She needed a new laptop bag. As for me, I needed to replace my old Converse bag. You guys should see the bag.. . . it should not be holding together any longer than 4 months..... The straps are really .. . .. . I should not be too descriptive because it was a gift to me on my Birthday 2 years ago. But, its cutting my shoulders like scimitars. So, we couldn't find any good ones around the area, Donkey left for home. I really have lots of time till my next appointment, I went to my fav bookstore to read magazines... to catch up on some articles. I bought DaVinci Code too.

Time Check. 1.30pm. I should be meeting Jaws for B.T.'s house warming. It's quite a cosy little lovenest. But, personally I do not like the location or I should say the people hanging around the location. I never liked that neighbourhood due to specific reasons. I met Chris, a Yoga Instructor. Mmmm .. . Yoga. Nothing bad about this yoga stuff, really. I guess here, our locals' interest in certain things are as short as a 100mA fuse .. .. "Poof" .. You're gone. No, I'm not talking about the instructor. Its the general public. We have bubble tea, wake boarding, yoga, pilates, clubbing, and more. People should know what they want and not follow 3 little blind lab mice.

Jaws and I left the party at around 4pm and looked for our objective of the day. Since Jaws is into Salt-water aquarium, we went to shop around. Seriously, as a diver, I do not support sale of sea living creatures in any way. They belong to the open water. Not in your 4, 5 room, condo, semi-D's living room, sea anemones and fishes all cramped in a 2 feet tank. So what if you have a 10 or 20 feet tank, free for clownfishes to roam? I stress... they belong to the wild. Of course, my friend Jaws has a huge tank at home. But, still, no support here.

At 5pm, I was first to arrive at Alex's place for a mini-Sec School gathering. More of a discussion and DVD watching of video and photo shots taken on his wedding. I did part of the editing, along with Ngiam. I was early since we only agreed to meet at 7pm. When the crowd actually arrive, we had some food and watched the DVD. Wilson did his wonders by turning the whole party upside down with his "Eddie Murphy" laughters. Right after the movie, Ah.. .. EPL... I'm not really into soccer, but the rest of the guys are!! Tons of swearing and cursing from them:
NBCB - Ever so popular Hokkien little magic word
PDC - Not PrimaryDomainController, but Torn Underwear in Hokkien flavor
D or T - works either way, Cantonese version of the F word
No, it wasn't a real EPL. We made our own clash of Liverpool vs Man U. on XBox. Poor thing.... . I was referring to the wives of these hot blooded males, wildly tapping buttons away on XBox gamepads. These wives are just sitting there and chatting by themselves. Not exactly a soccer fan myself (though I'm a sports fan, I watch almost any sport), I usually chat with them. Oh. .. Wilson and Karen brought their little sweetheart (their daughter), and needless to say, all attention was on her while she was opening up her X'mas present. Well, this couple ended the night early because our little sweetheart is getting Z monster's sleepy eyes. For the rest of us, we did a "Royal Rumble" and a "Chicago vs 90's All Stars" match before we called it a night. We did a pretty quick sum up on our BBQ plans for 1st Jan 2005. Operation "EPL Vulgarities" ended at 2330hrs last night. .. We had our fair share of cursing at a 29" TV. Hence, Operation "EPL Vulgarities" was successful, if you ask me.

Posted by Muggs at 11:17 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment