Holiday - Climbing Mount Kinabalu Day 1

Friday, July 18, 2008

The last time I paid for a Mount Kinabalu trip I did not go. Mind you, I have paid in full, air fare and package. Tough luck. With just a day before my flight, I had a sudden pain in my calf. Taking the staircase is almost like taking my life. I gave it a pass. Hence, I took great precaution before this trip. But, not the night before. I had some drinks with ex-colleagues still late and only slept at 2.30am. Just 1.5hrs of sleep and at 4.30am, most of us started to gather at Rochor taxi stand before taking cab to Senai airport. $60 bucks for the ride. After checking in and boarding the plane, most have slept while I took pictures of the sky with sunrise on the horizon. It was beautiful and after some shots, I went into deep slumber. After touch down and a cab ride to Backpackers Lodge, we checked in and settled the balance with our trekking agency.

In Kota Kinabalu town, we went to take our lunch and watched a movie, Red Cliff, at a nearby shopping mall. I love that movie!! We visited their local wet and dried goods market to look at their normal daily life. Stopping at some road side eateries, we shared a carrot cake snack and had teh tarik elsewhere before visiting a night market. After a short tour in the night market, we stopped at a touristy place for seafood dinner before heading back to bathe and pack for tomorrow's big event - The climb.

Posted by Muggs at 11:20 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment